Farcia is a Black Belt certified, trained and licensed Nia Technique instructor teaching since 2002.
The Nia (Neuromuscular Integrative Action) Technique provides a cardio vascular workout. It is a mind body fitness technique designed to use body wisdom to unlock mental, emotional and physical channels which may be stagnant. Nia includes Martial Arts, Dance Arts, Healing Arts and conscious breathing. Through Nia, individuals of all sizes develop a toned and fit body. Nia's dance fitness/non-impact format offers great Nia routines which decrease stress, shape and tone the body, reduce weight, increase energy/strength, body awareness and balance in mind, body and spirit. Farcia uses voice guidance that allows each participant to sense their personal awareness of how mind, emotions, body and spirit are integrated in their movements.
These combined prove a well rounded, safe and inspiring workout. Through Nia, individuals meet a wide range of therapuetic fitness and lifestyle aspirations. Farcia blends many styles of African and ethnic dance in her Nia sessions as well as music from the African Diaspora and music generes popular in the US.
- Increases the pleasure of living in your body
- Creates weight loss and proper weight maintenance
- Strengthens muscles, improves muscle tone, and increases muscle definition
- Calms the mind and relieves stress
- Improves endurance
- Increases grace and flexibility
- Improves posture and can even increase HEIGHT
- Improves organ function— particularly that of the heart and lungs
- Enhances sensory awareness
- Heightens sexual function
- Improves circulation, of blood and improves lymphatic drainage
- Strengthens immunity
- Improves concentration and cognitive function
- Grounds the mind, body and spirit as well as increasing integration and balance.
- Provides healing, release and inspiration
- Builds bonds and community