Farcia De'Toles-Medearis has coined the term Natural Rhythm Healing to describe her work. In its practice, Natural Rhythm Healing conscientiously embodies the breath through movement. Farcia's vision is to empower others with tools, through dance, movement, and healing therapies and to honor the spirit within. Her goal is to make the joy of movement accessible to all people, moving past health status, age, experience or body type through the low-impact practice of Nia and African Healing Dance.
Farcia De’Toles-Medearis, a native of Liberia, West Africa, learned the power of rhythm and its natural healing connection firsthand. With those memories deeply embedded in her spirit and combining her education, training, teaching and practice of dance, movement and massage, Farcia has infused this innate wisdom into her unique Natural Rhythm Healing Techniques since 2000.
Well educated and qualified to deliver a holistic fitness/dance program, Farcia has the following in her resume:
- Studied Health Education and Haitian Dance at San Francisco State University
- Trained in Tai Kwon Do, Tai Chi and Aikido
- Proficient in Yoga, Feldenkris and Alexander Technique
- Certified, Licensed Black Belt Nia (Neuromuscular Integrative Action) Somatic Educator, since 2002
- African Healing Dance Therapist
- Certified, Licensed Massage Therapist, since 1999
- Certified in Katherine Dunham Dance Technique
- Professionally trained in African and African Diasporic Dance
- Performed with Bay Area West African Dance companies – Creedo Senagalese Dance Company, Dechonte Liberian Dance Company, and Diamano Coura West African Dance Company
Farcia believes, like her ancestors believed, that dance is done with purpose. Nia, like African Dance, in its purest sense, is done with the intentions of healing and celebrating the mind, body, soul and community...all in a spirit of peace & harmony with oneself, the village and the universe. Nia and African Healing Dance don’t just shape and align our bodies into healthy posture; they also shape and align our attitudes toward ourselves in a healthy way- which keeps us in perfect harmony with all that is.